What Is Man?
Two completely diverse worldviews have locked horns in furious battle in the philosophical world, and each of them is firm in its stance about man. The tug-of-war over man is a major battle, and much is at stake. The side which each person chooses will determine the quality of His present life and contribution as well as the destiny that is consequent to his choice. To paraphrase Jesus, “One man’s story is indelibly written on the rock, while the other is written in sand.” That which bears the stamp of God is eternal, but that which is merely man’s product will quickly dissipate on the near shore of eternity. The immediate choices that reflect the two views are crucial and the eternal destinies fashioned by them are final and forever. One is the Christian view of man and things, the other is the humanist or naturalist (atheistic) view of man and things. The Christian view will finally emerge as victor because God is its Source and Sponsor.
Table of Contents
1. The Meaning of Man Psalms 8:3-9, Hebrews 2:5-9
2. The Making of Man Genesis 1:26-27
3. The Marriage and Mating of Man Genesis 2:18-24
4. The Makeup of Man I Thessalonians 5:23
5. The Misery of Man Genesis 3:1-24
6. The Measure of Man II Corinthians 10:12, 17-18
7. The Mercy for Man Jeremiah 17:9, Colossians 2:13-15 II Corinthians 3:1-3
8. The Master for Man John 13:13
9. The Magnitude of Man Jeremiah 18:1-6
10. The Motto for Man Philippians 1:21